Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

As usual, even though I want to dress up and make the most of our Halloween experience, I wait too long to plan, so nothing happens. At least this year I have the excuse of having a baby. (And of course last year we were in London.) Next year...no excuses! In fact, I'm already planning our costumes. Now if I can just get Miles to cooperate...

Last month, Owen dressed up for Talk like a Pirate Day. And he seemed to enjoy the costume, so I went easy on myself and stuck with it. (Thanks to Carly for the costume loan.) Miles found our build a bear Darth Vader outfit and thought Elsie would look smashing in it. However, by the time Halloween came around, she had grown too much to fit in it. We were sad. It would have looked awesome. So thanks to the Internet with last-minute ideas, she ended up as a Facebook "like" button.


I didn't have the time or energy to decorate or do fun games or make cute Halloween food, so Owen was pretty clueless about the holiday in general...until our ward Trunk or Treat party! Unfortunately he didn't take a nap and was quite cranky and whiney leading up to the party. I had to bribe him with promises of candy to get him to dress up. However, once we were there, he got right into the spirit of things.




He was a good little trick or treater. After telling one lady "thank you" after receiving his candy, she said, "Wow. That was the first unprompted thank you I've heard!" He walked away with a huge stash of candy, and I got away with him only eating two pieces before bedtime.

Afterward, we came home and Miles's cousin Tyler and his family came by to visit. Annelise had the awesome idea to dress her little girl as Richard Simmons. SO perfect with her curls! And the costume was only enhanced when Sophia went at it on our trampoline.



That was about the extent of our Halloween, but it was quite enjoyable. It was a lot of fun to see Owen get excited about walking around asking for candy. I mean, what kid doesn't love getting candy for free?!

1 comment:

Annelise said...

I love that Sophia is showing you her butt in the last pic! ha ha!