Friday, June 18, 2010

Wright Family Reunion - Shooting

Friday was the first official day of the family reunion. We started off with the traditional trip to go target shooting with Grandpa Wright. Grandpa used to be the Chief of Police in Blanding, Utah, so he has quite the arsenal. I, personally, am not a huge fan of guns, but I do enjoy going out for target practice. Grandpa is always sure to make comments about my "gun-hating" ways and how if he had known this about me he would have reconsidered letting me into the family. While we were out shooting, I was taking photos. Grandpa yelled, "Get the paparazzi out of here!" Then while looking down at an imaginary list in his hand he said, "What is your name?" I said, "Kendra Bevan Wright." {Bevan is Grandpa's name and there is an ongoing joke about how if you give your child the name Bevan somewhere in their name that Grandpa will give them a gun when he passes away. When Mitchell was little, he told Grandpa his name was Mitchell Bevan Wright (which it's not) and he thought it was so funny he has promised one of his guns to Mitchell.} So anyway, Grandpa said, "Hmm...Kendra Bevan Wright..." and looked down his list, "Yep! Gun hater! Get out of here!" Luckily Grandpa still loves me enough to let me go shooting with him.

Me showing off my horrible form just to bug Grandpa:

Much better form:

Miles trying out "his gun" that will one day be passed on to him:

Cousin Josh doing some sniper shooting:
Matthew shooting a handgun with a lot of kick:

Mitchell looking tough:

The real gunman, Grandpa Wright:

1 comment:

Laura Horne said...

Ooh, we might have to reconsider our friendship just hearing of your "gun-hating" ways...