Sunday, April 17, 2011

Old Friends and New Acquaintances

The first Saturday I was in California, I was able to get together with my best friend from high school, Paula, and her son, Tanyon. We went for a walk around Spring Lake and then let the boys play in the awesome playground area at Howarth Park. It was so fun to catch up with Paula, and introduce Owen and Tanyon to one another. Tanyon is an experienced park-goer and showed Owen the ropes.

This was Owen's first time on the swings. While he was a little uncertain at first, and although he didn't smile a whole lot, he sure loved swinging. This was evidenced by the fact that he would start crying every time I stopped the swing. Tanyon also loved swinging and was happiest when he was high enough that the chains gave some slack.After swinging for a bit, Tanyon and Owen went down the slides. This was again, another first for Owen. He did well and seemed to enjoy it. By the end I could pretty much let him slide down by himself without supporting him.It was a beautiful day in the park spent with great company. Thanks, Paula and Tanyon for the fun day!

The following day, on Sunday, I made a quick trip to San Francisco to see our dear friends, Nate and Lydia Fisher. Miles and I met them in our ward in Utah a few years ago and became fast friends. However, they (like many others) moved on after graduation when Nate got a job working for the government in San Francisco. I was so excited to see them again and meet the new addition to their family. Their baby boy's name is Jakob Clark Fisher. He was born on April 11th at 1:30 PM weighing 9 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 inches long. Isn't he beautiful?!


It was so great to see them and catch up, even if only for a short visit. I have to mention that I went down on a Sunday thinking it would be a great time to go and I would avoid all the rush-hour traffic that comes with the work week. Apparently I have been living in Utah for too long because I forgot that for the majority of the world, Sunday is a get-out-and-do-something kind of day. Oh well. It was definitely worth fighting the CA traffic to see them! Congratulations Nate and Lydia! You make a beautiful family! :D

No comments: