Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tulip Festival

I recently bought a membership to Thanksgiving Point. I was really excited to first take advantage of going to the Tulip Festival they have each year. I haven't been since I went with my Mom two years ago, just before Owen was born.

This year, some of the in-laws were in town, so I was able to go with family again. It was also nice since tulips are Mom Wright's favorite flower! :) Marci stayed home to watch Owen while I went with Mom and Megan. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we went!

Here are some of the MANY tulips we saw:



This was a random bunch of daffodils amidst all the tulips, so I thought I'd get a shot since they are one of my favorite flowers.


 Gorgeous landscaping!



And lastly were the man-made waterfalls, which also added a lot to the beauty of the day. 


I love going and enjoying nature. It was nice to go with some women who appreciated it, rather than drag Miles along. I can't wait to go again next year!

1 comment:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Sorry I couldn't have joined your "girls outing." It's as beautiful a place as ever. Glad you had such a nice time.