Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oh Baby! (15 weeks)

Miles, Owen and I went in for our early gender check ultrasound and doctor's appointment today. People have been asking me if I want a boy or a girl. When I was pregnant with Owen, I really wanted a girl, and sadly (to be completely honest) I was a bit disappointed when I heard we were having a boy. Over time that changed and I was about to accept and anticipate the arrival of my sweet, baby boy. I of course, love him more than anything in this world and would not be the same without him. I am SO grateful to have had him first and learn about and love little boy behaviors.

This time, however, has been different.

What are little boys made of?
Slugs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.

I think it would be so wonderful to have another boy so that Owen could have a brother close to him in age. Also, Miles is the second son, of a second son, of a second son, of a second son, of a second son. Did you catch that?! Yeah...he's the fifth in the line of "second sons." This does not mean the second born, but merely the second son of a family. I think that it would be awesome to have a second son to continue the line.

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.

A girl, would be wonderful. Pink frills, lace, bows, glitter, and dresses. So. Much. Fun. On my families side, there are four grandsons and only two granddaughters. My nieces, Hadley and Elena have been dying for a girl cousin. And on Miles's side, there are no granddaughters - only three grandsons. I know the ladies are itching to buy girly things. And since we don't know how many children we'll be able to have (financially and literally with our fertility treatment), it would be nice to have at least one of each.

So this time, I went in with no expectations or desires or concerns. I knew that I would be 100% happy with whatever the outcome.

Which brings me to the question...

BOY...

or

GIRL...
We'll let Owen tell you...


IT'S A GIRL!!!

And we couldn't be more thrilled. :)
Here is one of the ultrasound pictures. I was having a hard time taking good pictures of them and our scanner isn't working. Once we get that taken care of I'll post more including her profile and alien face. :)
Oh yes, and here's a picture of the awesome sperm and egg cookies I made as well. :P

12 comments:

deveney said...

hooray! hooray! so happy for your new little princess, you will love all things girl and what a blessing to have one of each! i am so excited to see you in a few weeks and celebrate with you:)

Veronica said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! That is wonderful news!!! Una niƱa! You will have a blast! She will b gorgeous!

Janie said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you will have one of each. Both genders steal your heart in such different ways so it is fun to have both. Congrats!!!

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

HOORAY. Little girls are awesome too. Look at YOU!
I was anticipating another precious boy, but am thrilled to have another granddaughter. Sending advance welcomes to a sweet pink thing! I hope she favors beautiful you, 'cuz it's certain that handsome Owen favors his handsome daddy. Your great grandfather Van de Wetering would tell you that because you have a boy and a girl, you are RICH.

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

BTW Miles looks especially handsome eating that pink cookie. He seldom smiles for pictures but he seems a bit radiant! You're gonna love this little girl, Miles. There's something about a little girl and her daddy.

Rachel said...

AHHHHH! YAY! Congrats, guys! I'm so excited for you!!! AHHH!

Holly said...

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How fun! (And I love the cookie idea!) I think Tucker was foretelling the future (or full of the Spirit??) when he asked if you had a little girl in your tummmy when we watched Owen during your egg retrieval. :) So happy for you guys!!!

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm SO excited for you! It's such a wonderful thing to have a little girl!! Just be prepared to share your hubby from here on out...it took Scott less than a day to be head over heels in love with Kamryn!

Olivia said...

Congratulations!! Girls are fun to have too!

Social Justice/Human Rights/Macro Project said...

So very happy for you three. And you KNOW we are thrilled. Yay, another little girly in our family. Hadley and Elena are already asking what you are going to name her. They are pretty excited. Sperm and egg cookies were funny! But your two boys eating their pink cookies were the bomb! You are a goose. Can't wait to see you Sunday. Love you.

Rachael said...

congratulations!! I love having a girl, but I am equally excited that I too will get to experience both!!

taryn said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and fun that you will get to have both a boy and a girl! I love the sperm cookie :)