Friday, May 18, 2012

Like vs. Love

Last night before I put Owen to bed, I had him say goodnight to Miles.


Me (to Owen): Say, Nigh nigh, Dada.
Owen: Nigh, nigh, Dada.
Me: Say, Love you, Dada.
Owen: Yike you, Dada.


It wasn't the first time he's said this, so I thought maybe he has just changed out "love" for "like."


Me: Say, Love you, Mama.
Owen: Yuv you, Mama.


I thought, ok...I guess he still knows how to say it....


Me: Say, Love you, Dada.
Owen: Yike you, Dada.


At this point I was doubled over laughing so hard. I guess Owen does know the difference between like and love and uses it judiciously. Poor Dada.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I just had to laugh at this too. Leah had times where she would say Dad, I love you "this much" (about shoulder width) and Mom, I love you "this much" (arms fully spread out). But it would change depending on the day. Haha! cute story. Kids say the funniest things.

Kaela said...

Hilarious!

Rachael said...

I have to say, I love you a lot more than Miles too!!