Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day, Miles bought me some beautiful flowers and made a delicious German pancake breakfast (per my request). In our ward at church, we have Relief Society first (blech). They ended the lesson about 20 minutes early. We were all wondering why, when the RS Pres said that the Elder's Quorum had set up a treat for us in the cultural hall. We went in and they had tables set up with linens and center pieces, napkins, forks and water. They served us cheesecake and apple pie while we got to sit and talk. It was awesome! Miles went in to the nursery to be with Owen and relieve the women in there so they could come in. The bishop's wife was sitting at my table and said, "Are you sad you didn't get a pamphlet?" All of us said, "No way!" I think it definitely won out for the best Mother's Day present I've ever gotten in a ward!

Megan invited us up to the home she is staying at in Midway for dinner. The family she is living with had a ton of food left over from a wedding they had done the night before and invited a bunch of people to come. Miles, Owen, Mitchell and I drove up after church and Owen's nap. It was a lot of fun. The family were all really nice and welcoming. Their home was awesome because they had a huge backyard with a swing set, as well as a trampoline. They also had two big dogs that Owen liked pushing around and kept asking if he could ride. The food was also delicious and it was really nice to not have to cook my own Mother's Day dinner. :)

Dada swung Owen in a big hammock. Owen thought it was the greatest.

And here he is in pure joy jumping and playing on the trampoline.

This is a picture of a cheesecake the family's daughter-in-law made:

All in all, it was a great Mother's Day. However, I have to admit - the very best part of Mother's Day is that I have been blessed to be a mother. I definitely thought of my mother and all she did for me and how appreciative I am to have had such a wonderful, loving mother. But honestly...I mostly just thought of how incredibly blessed I am that I get the title of mother. I absolutely adore my son more than I can adequately express. He has been the greatest blessing in my life. He brightens my days and gives me such joy. He makes me laugh all the time and has such a wonderful personality. And now I have been blessed with another little life growing inside of me. I love being a mom and would not trade it for anything in the world.

A friend of mine has a tradition of taking a picture with her children on Mother's Day. Even though I don't think I did that specifically last year, I decided I should start now. The shoot didn't go so great (nose picking, poking Mama in the eye, and difficulty smiling) but that's ok.

And I took my first pregnancy shot on Mother's Day to show how baby girl is growing (or rather how I am growing). I am almost 19 weeks here. 

And here are some other "recent" (within the last 4-6 mo?) pictures of us together. Obviously we don't take enough pictures together since I had to go searching for these. Such is the life of the Mama who's always behind the camera....

 


 I am SO lucky to have this little boy to call my own!

5 comments:

Annelise said...

Um I am so completely jealous of your wards mother's day gift!! How awesome! ha ha

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Well, Kendra, now you know how I feel about YOU!
There's nothing like being a mother, and it's such a privilege.
Like you, none of my children came easily, but each was desperately wanted and gratefully appreciated. YOU, my sweet one know that you were totally the CHERRY on top of our cake! You always have been... always will be.
Womanhood is the BEST.

Christy Gunnell said...

Your ward rocks. What an awesome gift. Also you look smokin in that re lipstick! Love it.

Holly said...

You look great! And what a fun ward Mother's Day gift! I'm loving all of your recent posts. I can't believe you're already 19 weeks!

Robin said...

Everyone has such sweet comments on here, and my comment is of course going to be about nose-picking.
Because honestly, that's what I thought when I saw your effort at taking a Mother's Day photo with Owen - "At least the nose picking and poking in Mama's eye didn't occur with the same finger!"

Love ya,
Robin