Thursday, November 08, 2012

Thankful Thursday Week 1

I've been keeping a list of what I am grateful for each day with plans to write it all up at the end of the month. But then I thought I'd do as my friend did and post weekly instead. I haven't just been writing the things I am thankful for in general, but what I have been especially thankful for each day so far this month. They're not all profound or life-changing, but they are real to my life. Here we go...

Thursday, November 1st: I'm thankful that our good friends (the Molyneuxs) moved back to Utah, and live relatively close to us. So many of my dearest friends have moved away, so it's such a blessing for them to move back. Also, I think Miles might love Braden just as much as I love Haley, (he actually claims it's more and said you just can't compare any friendship to their bromance...) which makes it all the better.

Friday, November 2nd: I'm thankful for friends who jump in to help make my life easier in transitioning to two children. Today, my good friend Holly, made arrangements (all on her own without me asking!) to take Owen for a play date...for the second time in the past week! It is SO nice to know that Owen is getting out of the house, having fun with friends, and is well cared for. Not only that, but when she dropped him off, she kindly listened to my emotional breakdown about my struggles with a baby with reflux and feeling totally useless during the day. She was an amazing support and strength to me today.

Saturday, November 3rd: I'm thankful for answered prayers. I was feeling sick and was able to make it through all of my responsibilities as a mom. I am thankful that we can pray to a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and our needs, and who hears our prayers. I'm thankful that the lines of communication to God have not been cut off and that we can get answers when we seek them.

Sunday, November 4th: I'm thankful for Miles, who is a good father to our children and not only takes care of them, but is also an amazing husband who takes care of me too. After a long night with Elsie and being up with her for two hours, he took care of her from 4:45 am - 7:45 am so I could rest. Then, he took Owen to church alone since I wasn't feeling well and gave me a much needed break during the day.


Monday, November 5th: I'm thankful that I was able to get out of the house by myself with two children for the first time so that I could enjoy the beautiful fall weather, colors of the changing leaves, and have a fun outing at the park with Owen and Elsie! (This was a huge mommy milestone for me.) Also, I was equally grateful to have encouragement from friends (Holly and Adri) to do so, and have them there for added help and support (lifting Owen in and out of swings, running interference between crying children, etc).


Tuesday, November 6th: I'm thankful for good health insurance that has afforded us so much (covering our complete IVF cycle for Elsie, labor and delivery, ER visits, doctors appointments, prescriptions and more). And I'm thankful for good dental insurance, even when I'd rather not have to use it...like I did today in getting a root canal. But thank goodness for insurance that will make this, and my two crowns cost a fraction of what they would have otherwise. I feel especially grateful knowing there are so many who do not have any insurance and do not have the luxury of going to see a doctor/dentist without fear of what it will cost.

Wednesday, November 7th: I'm thankful for the country we live in and that through the democratic process, we were able to select a president to lead us. And while I personally support our President, I am thankful for this knowledge which I 100% believe:


Therefore, I am especially thankful that I am able to be a stay-at-home-mom so I can lead and guide my children each day and help in their formation into good, kind, caring, thoughtful, members of our family and society.

More thanks to come next week!

3 comments:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

I am thankful for YOU and that you are thankful. :)

Haley said...

We made this list! And on the first day!!! We are so happy to be back and close to you!!!

Holly said...

Ummm...so I'm totally a slacker since I'm just now reading this. I'm so sorry!!! I saw that you posted it & meant to come back to read it...but then forgot until just now. Slacker friend, I'm so sorry. But thank you for your kind words. I feel bad that I haven't reached out to see how you've been doing for the last little while. How IS it going? I'll text you when it's a more normal hour. :) Hope you're hanging in there!!!