Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Midnight Moments

I just got home from my book club and went downstairs to check on Owen before heading to bed. I saw his closet door was open, and being slightly freakish about it, I had to close it. I think the noise woke him because I heard a little sound. When I walked over to his crib, I could see that he was awake. I gently stroked his hand and said, "Good night, baby boy." He quietly whispered, "Tickle me..." and unzipped the top of his jammies so I could tickle his chest and tummy. I tickled him for a minute, zipped him up, stroked his face and said, "Good night." He quickly wrapped his arms around my hand and forearm, and turned to the side hugging me tightly. Then he said, "You're stuck. You have to wait for Daddy to come help you." I said, "I don't think Daddy will come help me." He said, "Yes he will!" And I slipped out of his grasp. I again said, "I love you, sweet boy. Good night," and started to walk away. He called, "Mommy...tickle me." And as requested, I gave him a few more tickles. As I was finally able to get closer to leaving his room, he said, "Mommy..." and I again returned to see what he needed. He whispered something that I couldn't hear. I asked him what he said. In a quiet, sly, whispered voice I heard, "Can you put the iPad in my bed?" I gave a muffled laugh and said, "Can I put the iPad in your bed?!...No." And he started to giggle. As I walked out of the room, I heard, "Can you put the iPad in my bed?" followed by little giggles, repeated about five times.

Sweet midnight moments I don't want to forget...
(Picture taken a different night of my sleeping boy)

1 comment:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Can you put the iPad in my bed!!!!!
Not a bunny, or a puppy, or a kitty,
Not a book or a blankie
Not something to snuggle.
an I-PAD!!!!

YIKES. this kid is definitely a part of (what's the new generation called???) Generation Apple? or Generation "I"? or Generation Nerd?

hahahaha. Love it!