Thursday, July 25, 2013

Insanity Update

Well, I did it. I finished my 9 weeks of Insanity. It's funny because when I posted before, I hadn't done the second month of "Max Interval" workouts. Sheesh those are hard! It jumps up to an hour workout (from about 35-40 min workouts in the first month) and they are even more intense. But those extra 15-20 min are killer. Talk about dripping in sweat.... I have to say, it's a good thing I was committed to a group so that I would finish. I definitely fought with myself some days about whether or not I would workout. But I did it!

Overall, in the 9 wks of Insanity, I lost 13.5 lbs. and 15+ inches. I know I could have lost more if I had been more committed to the meal plans. I did ok with it, but definitely was not 100% committed. I have found that is actually the harder part for me. Working out just became part of my routine. First thing in the morning, I would do my workout, and that way I didn't have to think about it. I know that if I don't do it right away, there is a very high likelihood it won't happen later. Eating, however, is something you have to constantly think about. Every time you have a meal, attend a party, hang out with friends, go to a restaurant, etc...you have to think about what you are eating, if it is healthy, and avoid the foods you shouldn't eat. And let's be honest...I have a serious sweet tooth. I'm trying to work on that part and just keep things in moderation. In the last couple of weeks I've lost even more. I'm down a total of 20 lbs and 17.5 inches. I know that being sick contributed to that (cold, flu, sinus infection, bronchitis) but I've also been able to keep off most of the "sick weight loss." So I'm sure my improved metabolism is helping.


I'm not sure I'll post my shirtless before and after pictures, but here are some you might be able to see a difference in. Ha ha! Of course my "after" picture is sitting in front of a fatty cazookie! :P


I'm really glad I did this. I'm hopeful that it will just be the start of a healthier, more active lifestyle. I hope that I keep up with it and don't lose all the hard work I put into my body in the last two months. I took a bit of a break since I was so sick the majority of this month, but I'm definitely ready to get back in the swing of things. Bring on the sweat!

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Way to go!! That's so awesome. I'm glad all your hard work has paid off for you.

Chase Gunnell said...

Congrats, Kendra. I am really impressed that you did this. You have given Christy and me the motivation to start trying. We have had the DVDs for a while, we just never got around to doing it. What was your workout schedule? By that I mean what order did you do the DVDs? We don't have a guide that tells us what order to do the DVDs. Anyway, congrats again!

Jenna Foote said...

Yeah, Insanity is just that ... it's insane!!! I'm proud of you! Way to go. You look great and I bet you feel great, too, which is of course more important. :)

Megs said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan Potter said...

Kendra!!! WOW you are amazing! It was so awesome to have you in my Challenge Group and watch your transformation. You have done so well and had great success! I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished and your new healthy habits you've developed. You truly have created habits for a healthy lifestyle! ((SOO proud!!!))

Katie and the Mr said...

Kendra,

This is unreal! Congratulations! Marvel in your amazing body and this challenging accomplishment! I hope, just as you do, that it really does stay as a habit and a lifestyle change that you can live with for the rest of your life.