Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poppy Baby

Some of Owen's nicknames include, but are not limited to:




  • Poppy baby: This is the nickname that was lovingly given to him by his adorable 3 and 1/2 year old cousin, Austin. Why, you ask? Well, because Owen popped out of my tummy, of course!


  • B.O.B. or Pepper: These were nicknames for our two embryos. B.O.B. was short for blast-o-baby, for when the embryo was in a blastocyst form during the IVF cycle and Pepper because the embryo was the size of a pepper flake.



  • Voltron: When we found out we only had one fetus and not two, I asked Miles which one he thought had survived - B.O.B. or Pepper and what we should call it now. He said, "I think they fused together to form VOLTRON!" This was Owen's name until birth.

  • Snow Baby: It snowed the morning Owen was born, so I called him "my little snow baby."

  • Bubba, Bub, Bubs, Buddy, Bud: Miles initiated these nicknames while we were in the hospital. I quickly picked up on them as well.

  • Squeaker: Owen has squeeked since the day he was born. From the time he was only a few hours old, Owen has made these gasping noises that sound like he can't breathe. They used to frighten me, but the doctor assured us they are normal and there is nothing to be concerned about. Now I don't even flinch when he gasps or squeeks and I think they are adorable. He has become our Squeeker because of these noises that he frequently makes while eating, playing, or sleeping. (I tried adding a sound clip for your listening pleasure, but it didn't work.) :(

  • Sweet Pea, Pea Pod and Burritto: Names I gave him. Maybe it's cause he looks like a little pea pod when he's swaddled in his green swaddler...or a burritto in a straight jacket. :)

This is only the beginning, and I am sure there will be more nicknames to come!

No comments: