Saturday, May 08, 2010

You Can't Hide Those Tired Eyes

Really, I think the song is, "You can't hide those lyin eyes," but for my purpose...it's TIRED eyes. I had no idea how exhausted I would be after having a baby. People talk about sleepless nights and multiple feedings in the middle of the night, but until you've experienced it, there's nothing like it. Think you can handle it cause you've stayed up all night long on a few occassions? Think it's no problem cause you're a night owl? Think you can just catch up on your sleep while the baby is napping? Well, you'd be WRONG. Nothing compares to those first weeks of being a new Mom. And I can't even complain as much since I had a fabulous Mom and sister helping me out the first few weeks by sleeping in the same room as Owen at night so I could get my rest and they would wake me when he really needed to be fed and wasn't just mildly fussy or making his squeeky noises! (Again...thank you Mom and Kim!) But I think these pictures demonstrate that you just can't hide those tired eyes.










....Oh wait! Maybe I just needed some makeup!

2 comments:

Jean said...

He's so cute!!!! Oh my goodness, I have so many new-mom pictures of me with no makeup looking SO TIRED. You're right, we have no idea until we have a newborn in the house!! But don't worry, after the first few months, you'll have your restful nights again. :-)

Desiree said...

It's funny that you mention the lack of sleep you experience. I've had all of those doubts about late nighters, napping while the baby naps, etc. It sounds like you may have had those same doubts yourself. I now totally believe you. I'm sorry for your lack of sleep and hope it's getting better now.