Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Week of Love and Celebration

Miles and I get to do a lot of celebrating of our love in February. We not only have Valentine's Day, but just three days later is our anniversary. This year for Valentine's I decided to try and make some yummy sugar cookies. I used to make them all the time when I was in high school, but I haven't done it for quite some time. And boy are they a lot of work! Nothing like regular cookies you just mix together, ball up and bake. And although it was my first solo attempt in many years, they were a hit. In fact...just looking at this pictures is making my mouth water and tummy rumble.


Me with my baby Valentine on V-day:On Valentine's Day we were pretty low-key. I made Miles a dinner of filet mignon, baked potato and fresh green beans with sparkling cider. It was delicious.
And for dessert, nothing but the best! Magleby's Fresh, decadent chocolate cake:
I also made Miles a pretty sweet card:
And here's the card from Owen:






















In between Valentine's and our anniversary, Miles had made plans with his friend, David Hoover, to take their wives out to celebrate. It was kind of a joint celebration of Valentine's, our anniversary and Jenn's (David's wife) birthday. We started by going to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I only took pictures of our dinners. Of course we also got dessert, but I didn't get a picture since we got them to go.
My lemon chicken dish:

Miles's spicy pasta dish:
After that, we rushed up to Salt Lake for a JAZZ GAME! Yay! I had never been to a pro basketball game before, so I was stoked.

Miles got the tickets for free from his boss who got them from one of the company's vendors. It was awesome cause they were $100 tickets. Our seats were only 22 rows back, center court. We also got Sponsor Room tickets. So at half-time we went downstairs to the Sponsor Room where they had some free food (nachos, popcorn, fruit, cake, etc.) and drinks. It was pretty cool...even if we weren't hungry from our dinner.
Edgar Renteria, the World Series MVP, was at the game. His back was to us when he went out on the court, so I got a shot of him on the screen.David and Jenn enjoying the game. David has his free yellow Jazz shirt on his shoulder that each of us got during half-time.


It was a ton of fun. I'm so glad my hubby made such awesome plans for us to go out and have a night on the town. And a big thanks to Uncle Mitchell who watched Owen while we were gone. :)

The last thing we did to celebrate was go to the temple to do sealings on our actual anniversary. I love our tradition of doing that each year, as it is a nice reminder of the day we were sealed together. It's also nice to be able to bring other families together.

We were also planning on doing our yearly trip to Chef's Table, but Owen got sick and we didn't think we should leave him. So we'll take a rain check for another time.

Here are some flowers Miles bought for me at the end of the week after being reprimanded for not buying them for Valentine's Day or our anniversary. Sometimes husbands just need to be reminded of their husbandly duties. :)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Hee, hee. . . Ben got me that exact same bouquet from Costco when we celebrated Valentine's Day late :)

Jack said...

You are very welcome for the babysitting services. I'm always happy to spend time with Owen.

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

The only thing that equals flowers for wooing a woman is DARK chocolate. Good Job, Miles, and Happy Anniversary.