Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day and First Steps

For Father's Day, I got up early and made Miles a nice breakfast. Then Owen and I gave him his Father's Day card. Sadly, we didn't take any pictures. I've been thinking that we should take a picture of Owen (and hopefully other future children) with Miles each Father's Day. We'll start that tradition next year.

However, the big event of the day was that Owen took his first steps! I actually missed the very first ones because I had my back to him and was talking to my Dad on the phone. But Miles saw it all. We tried to get him to take more steps, but he wasn't too interested...until we enticed him with the iPad. We held it just out of his reach and would slowly move it back the closer he got. He would hold onto the couch taking side steps until he couldn't hold on any longer. Then he would let go and take some steps toward the iPad. It was awesome! We were able to get it on video too. I think that was an excellent Father's Day present from Owen.

And since I'm too lazy to figure out the video of his first steps, and we don't have a picture of Miles and Owen from Father's Day this year, here is a picture of father and son from last year around the time he was born:

No comments: