Saturday, June 04, 2011

Swim Class

Owen and I took a "Mommy and Me" swimming class together. It was done at the Orem Rec Center. We went three times a week, on MWF from 5 - 5:30 PM. Our friends, Kelli and Felix, also joined us. It was a lot of fun and really good for Owen to get acclimated to the pool and water. I think it was especially good since at the first class, he cried for 20 out of the 30 minutes we were there. But by the last class, he could float on his back and tummy (with some assistance), kick and splash while going for a floaty toy and go under water, all without crying...and usually smiling and laughing. We have been enjoying our pool this summer, but I haven't gotten any pictures of us actually swimming yet. I'll have to get Miles to come out with us and take some. Here are some pictures of Owen all dressed and ready to go to our swim classes.
























2 comments:

Jenna said...

So cute! i love the baby rashguards. Carson has one, too!

Kelli said...

That was so much fun! Thanks for inviting me. I never would have done it alone. Felix lives for swimming. No matter how grumpy he is he's fine if he's in the pool.