Saturday, August 06, 2011

Eternal Families

After Kyle passed away, we talked as a family for a while about when we should do his temple work. Kerry was in Scotland at the one year mark of his death, and she of course wanted to be a part of doing his work. She returned in July, so we started talking about when would be a good time to do it. My mom thought it would be nice to do it on his birthday (August 18th). However, after a lot of discussion and trying to work everyone's schedules together, it ended up coming together and happening unexpectedly before then. My mom came out to Utah for a funeral at the end of July. She stayed for a while and then my dad came out to join her. Kim then worked out her new work schedule so that she could come out with Austin. And since we were all going to be together, it was a great time to do his work.

We went to the Salt Lake Temple and did an endowment session in the morning. It was a really special experience to be there with my husband, parents, siblings and brother-in-law...and of course, Kyle (in spirit). Afterward we were able to do a couple of sealings for family members. Apparently my mom's dad had never been sealed to his parents. It was wonderful that we could do that as well and know that we were continuing to bring generations together.

It was such a great experience and so special to know that we were giving Kyle the gift of being able to choose this for himself and to live with Heavenly Father forever. I know that he has/had a lot of work to do following his death. But I am so happy knowing that he has the chance to learn and grow spiritually and that we can be an eternal family. I look forward to the day when I will be able to see him again.

We love you, Kyle!
To learn more about temples and why we feel they are so important, go here.

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

I love this post!! :)

jessipants said...

so so so special. i love that you got to do this. love you friend. xo