Monday, June 01, 2015

Numero Tres: 27 weeks

The week of the glucose test! Eek! Ok, it's not really that bad, but it's not great either. Prior to my appointment, I asked if I could bring the drink home with me so I wouldn't have to sit around the doctor's office for an hour. They said it was fine so long as I arrived a little early.

Here I am, downing my drink in my car:
It's really not all that bad. Although I tried to drink it quickly and the big gulps kind of burned my throat a little. Gratefully, I didn't feel as nauseated after finishing it this time.

I told my doctor I've been having some trouble with insomnia. I've been trying not to nap during the day to make sure I'm tired at night, but I still seem to struggle falling asleep and staying asleep. There have been times when I wake up in the middle of the night and for the life of me, cannot fall back asleep for an hour or two. Dr. Savage said I can take unisom nightly. If this continues, I may need to! I try to only take half a pill though because it can make me feel a little groggy in the morning. However, I do have to mention that my wonderful children are on a pretty awesome schedule right now. It seems like as soon as summer hit, they started sleeping later. I know part of that is later bed times, but that hasn't always helped in the past. I often don't hear a peep until at least 7:30 and sometimes as late as 8:30 or 9AM in the morning. It's amazing.

I also asked the doctor about some sciatic pain in my right hip and back side. I usually only feel it when I'm laying on my back. She said there's not a lot you can do and just suggested not laying in a way that causes the pain. Looks like I'll have to start side sleeping from now on. :(

And lastly, I've been dealing with some acid reflux at night. She said to take Prevacid or Prilosec in the morning before I eat. I feel like a lot of this is a repeat from my last pregnancy. I kind of knew the answers to these questions, but also forgot. So here it is for memory's sake. ;)

Also, I've been trying to stay somewhat consistent in working out. It's not always daily, but I try to exercise a minimum of 3x per week. I decided to document my post workout sweat. Obviously I really "enjoyed" it.



No comments: