Saturday, November 20, 2010

Belated Birthday at Bombay

Miles promised that he would take me out to Bombay House for my birthday, but we just couldn't find the right time to go. Finally we made plans with a friend of his from work, got a babysitter (Uncle Mitchell) and went out. It was only our second time leaving Owen. I wasn't worried though because I knew his Uncle Mitchell would take care of him. Not to mention I was far too excited about our meal and going out on our second date sans Owen since he'd been born. For the most part, things went ok. Unfortunately we got a call from Mitchell saying that Owen wouldn't eat his food or take a bottle and was just crying the whole time. I thought that was pretty odd, but figured he was just super tired so I told him to put him to bed. Come to find out, Owen has something against anyone else feeding him besides Mom or Dad. So he was just scared and skipped out on eating and went to bed on an empty tummy. Poor little guy. However, as Miles reminds me...he survived, and slept through the night anyway. So I guess we just need more practice having other people feed him.

Anyway, back to our date... David Hoover is kind of like Miles's supervisor at work. Miles really likes him, so and David thought it would be fun to get together with their wives and get to know one another. I had met his wife at a company party at Lagoon and she seemed really nice. So we met up for dinner at Bombay. I forgot to take a picture of our delicious food, but here are Jen and David:
Group shot after dinner:

It was a fun evening. Bombay never disappoints and the company was great. We had plans to leave and go hang out after dinner, but we just ended up talking at the restaurant for three hours...until they closed. It's always great making new friends!

1 comment:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Fun night despite the Owen debacle.
I thought Miles was tall, but David is reeeeealy tall.