Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Comfortable Home

I went in for a Hysterosalpingography (HSG)/Saline Sonogram today to make sure my uterus will make a nice, comfortable home for a baby. I did this test last time, but I guess you have to repeat it if it's been over two years. Last time they found some polyps that they wanted to remove before the cycle, so we wanted to make sure there weren't any hanging out this time that should be taken care of. Basically, for the procedure they put a catheter up through your cervix and into your uterus. Then they fill your uterus with "dye" so they can see the inside of it and check on shape, size and look for any abnormalities.

Last time I went in for the sonogram in the middle of my work day. But that was a horrible mistake because I felt terrible during the procedure. They offered to give me some pain medication, but since I was driving myself, I couldn't take it. On my way back to work I remember thinking that there was no way I would be able to return to work and I wanted to go home. Then, all of a sudden, I felt better. It was odd, but not enjoyable. So this time, I made sure that Miles would be with me so he could drive me home. However, it was a totally different experience. I didn't hardly feel anything during the procedure and only felt some very mild cramping afterward. Also, the most important part, is that everything looked great and we are good to go when we want to move forward. While he was doing an initial sonogram of my ovaries, he noted that there were about 15 follicles. He said this was a good number. I hope that's about what I've got when we move forward in a couple of months.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

You guys should just move forward now!!!

Sharalea said...

Thanks for the update, I hope that everything continues to look great for you--!!

Chelsea said...

Whoo! I'm so glad that everything looks good - congrats.