Saturday, September 10, 2011

Work Trips

Miles is yet again gone on another work trip. He is currently in Florida for three days to present at another conference. I didn't realize that when he started working for this company I would become an occasional widow. Honestly, I can't complain that much. My friend, Shara, is home alone with two little ones multiple times each month. I think I would die.

So far, Miles has had a trip almost every month since April.

April - 2 weeks in The Philippines (training employees at the office there)
June - 3 days in New York (presenting at a conference)
July - 3 days in Georgia (presenting at a conference)
August - 4 days in Connecticut (meeting and interacting with people at the SSI headquarters after the merger)
September - 3 days in Florida
October - 2 days in London (presenting at a conference)

There is also some talk of him presenting at another conference in California in December and possibly even traveling to Australia for an extended period of time (2-3 months - but we're not too sure about that. And if he did need to go, he told his company that Owen and I would need to come along.)

So where does that leave me? Home. Alone. With Owen. And no husband...But not for long!After doing a lot of talking, we decided that we shouldn't let this opportunity to go to London pass us up. It would be pretty miserable for Miles to fly out there, present at a conference the next day and fly home the day after. The jet lag would be brutal. And how awful would that be to not even get to enjoy being in London, England?! So obviously, he should extend his trip. And obviously...I should join him! :D We didn't really want to spend the money, but at the same time, his work will be covering the cost of his flight, plus a minimum of 2 nights in a hotel, so why not take advantage of this opportunity? I love traveling, but it's never going to happen if I don't make it a priority and make it happen. So I think we're going to bite the bullet and do it. Eight days in London with two travel days. It's going to be awesome!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

That's great! My dad went to England for the first time last year. My mom ended up not going with him and she's kicking herself for it. They'll probably never go again.

Have fun!

Carly Andelin said...

AHHHH!!! You're gonna LOVE IT! I'm so jealous! I went to London in hs with our art club. England was my favorite! You will NOT regret it! Take tons of pictures, eat lots of good food, and soak it all in. You're gonna LOVE it!

Rachel said...

what what!! that is SO awesome!!

Sharalea said...

Love this! I'm soooo excited that you are going with him on such an awesome adventure. You'll LOVE London. Not that I've been there, but I've heard it's fabulous :)

Trevor invited me to go with him to Montana (driving. with the kids). I said "are you crazy?"--two little ones in a road trip and then in a hotel by myself all day with no car? lol I appreciate that he asks, though. :)

Kelli said...

omg, you are going to have so much fun. I bet we'll have to reschedule bookclub around you though, jeesh!

Haley said...

Tell Miles to start working on a work trip to Vancouver!!!!!