Thursday, September 15, 2011

IUI Attempt #1

...Failed...

At the beginning of the month, Miles and I went in for an attempt at doing a natural IUI. (See this post for more details). It's like any typical pregnancy where you have to wait two weeks before taking a pregnancy test. I was feeling pretty calm about the whole thing. I wasn't holding my breath expecting it to work. I mean, going from doing IVF to get pregnant the first time, it was a miracle that we even have the option of doing IUI, let alone it working on the first try. But of course, there's always a part that holds out some hope. I didn't even take a test. Basically, life continued on as if nothing had happened and my cycle started all over again. I was more sad about it than I expected. I didn't cry. It's hard going month to month and waiting and hoping. But we'll try again in a couple weeks.

6 comments:

Desiree' said...

I'm so sorry! I'm glad you didn't stress about it but the news is still hard. When I saw you titled the post attempt #1 I knew it wasn't good. You're still in our prayers and I've been putting you on the MOTAB prayer roll as well. Hoping next month is your month!!!

Jenna said...

Kendra, I'm really sorry. Prayers for you guys.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry. It's never fun to 'start your cycle'--but especially when you're hoping to be pregnant. Hang in there. We'll keep you in our prayers & hope that your turn comes soon!

Tiff said...

:( *hugs*

Janie said...

Good luck Kendra. You will be in my prayers.

Jean said...

Sorry Kendra. It'll happen... it's just the waiting that sucks. :-)