Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baby Sick

I've been so worried about Owen missing me and being ok while I am gone. Little did I know that I would be the one that would be a total mess. Last night as I was reading him his bedtime story my voice broke as I thought about it being the last time I would do so for 10 whole days. Then, I had to choke back tears as I sang to him before laying him in his crib. As I walked out of his room I broke down into tears.

Today Owen seemed off and I think he could tell that something was up. I tried to keep it together as best i could so he wouldn't see Mama cry. We all went outside together and Miles and I gave him hugs and kisses and got in the car. He waved and said "Bye, Mama!" It just about broke my heart. I started to cry as we drove away and already have had two other moments of sadness since then and we haven't even boarded the plane. Not to mention that I have already called my mom to check up on him three times. Boy am I a mess! I just hope that once we are in London I can enjoy myself and have a good time. I am super excited to go, but I think I will be just as excited when we return.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I can't even imagine. 10 days is a long time! But you will have SO much fun, and it will be totally worth it! I'm super jealous! Have fun & enjoy yourselves!!!

Kelli said...

I didn't know you weren't taking him! Hard!!! Kyle and I had a hard time on an overnight trip. Don't let it ruin London for you though!

Ry and Heather said...

Isn't it crazy how that happens?! We left Aiden and Asher for ONE night a week ago and that was hard enough! It's amazing how attached we get to those precious little blessings isn't it?!