Sunday, November 13, 2011

Book Club

My friend, Kelli Murray, invited me to her book club at the end of last year. At the time I wasn't really interested or ready to actively participate in a book club with a new baby and feeling as though I didn't have much time to read. Then, earlier this year I decided to start making time for it. I was missing reading and also it's a lot of fun to get together as friends.

It's a really fun book club where each month we take turns picking the book and hosting book club at our house. We've read some really great books, and it's also fun because we often try to make the food we serve related to the book somehow.

Earlier this year we read Water for Elephants and Rissa hosted. She did an awesome circus-themed evening.
This month, I hosted and I picked the book, Atonement. It is set during WWII in England and France. My theme was centered around French food and "atonement" food. Hence, the sharp cheddar, brie and boursin cheeses with crackers, and grapes, pears and sparking apple cider. I also threw in some chocolate from our recent trip to London.I love our book club and the girls that are in it. While I get the chance to read some great books, I have to say the best part is chatting the night away with some awesome ladies!

2 comments:

Annelise said...

Jealous! I would love to join a book club! That sounds so fun! I love the themed ideas.

Griffsmom said...

I love book club! And I adore all you book club ladies too :)