Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we went to Matt and Kerry's home in SLC. Matt's parents and sister joined us, as well as a single mom and her son from Matt and Kerry's ward. We arrived earlier in the day so Owen could take a nap there and wake up in time for dinner. We had a really enjoyable day with the family and of course a FABULOUS meal. We ate a perfectly cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, Ruth's Chris style sweet potatoes, fresh green beans with bacon and almonds, Pat's delicious buttery rolls, stuffing, and sparkling apple cider. It was a bounteous feast! Sadly, I only took one picture the whole day...of the table setting. Oops!

I love Thanksgiving. I love getting together with family, and enjoying each other's company over a delicious meal. I love the time we have to reflect on our blessings and what we have to be grateful for. This year is no exception, as we have much to be thankful for in our lives. I hope that I can make a greater effort to take the time to recognize my blessings each day, rather than just on Thanksgiving. You never know when loved ones will be gone, when you might lose a job, or have ailing health. And of course there are so many small things in my daily life that bring joy and happiness. Family and friends are definitely at the top.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: