Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mid Summer in Midway

Summer time brought a few trips to Midway this year. We had a few draws. Megan was working up there; my friend, Kaela Wheeler and her little guy, Bennett, were staying at her in-laws place in Midway; and Bridget was at her Grandparents' home a couple of times (in Heber). Some weeks it felt like we were going up there more days than not!

Megan was working at the Zurmatt and was involved in their event planning. She told me that for the 24th of July they were having a little party outside she thought Owen would enjoy. I headed up early to see both of my friends before the party in the evening. We first went to see Bridget in Heber.

Owen had a blast playing in their huge yard with Paige, Claire, and some of their other cousins who were there. They raced, jumped on the trampoline, rode in the mini Jeep, and watered the flowers. 



Once I had sufficiently tired Owen out, I went to see Kaela and put Owen down for a nap. After Bennett and Owen napped, we went to the Homestead for some festivities.

They had someone doing face painting, but we thought the boys might enjoy having their arms painted so they could see the results.

Owen got a snake:

Bennett got a baseball:

They also had a bounce house and some llamas for the boys to see. Afterward, Megan invited us over to the home she was staying at for dinner. As usual, it was absolutely delicious. And their place is so much fun!

The boys enjoyed swinging:

Playing in the playhouse:

Loving on the dog:

And feeding the horses carrots:


That night I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep Owen up to see fireworks. I had skipped out on it for the 4th of July, opting for a good night's rest for Owen instead. Part of me felt badly that I hadn't let him stay up. As I was driving home, I noticed it was getting dark and tons of cars were parking along the reservoir to see the upcoming fireworks. On a whim I decided to pull over. We had to wait about 30 minutes or so for it to start. Owen didn't mind sitting on the railing and eating a snack.

It's a bad picture since it was dark, but I tried to get one of us.

It was actually really beautiful to see the firework explosions reflected in the lake.

About half-way through, Owen was looking pretty tired, said he was cold and asked if he could go in the car. I put him in his car seat, covered him up, and took the headrest off the passenger side seat so he could keep watching. He started to get this glazed look come over him, so I figured it was time to go. He was a zombie on the way home (I was actually surprised he didn't fall asleep!) and crashed as soon as his head hit the bed. I think he enjoyed it though, and we weren't much worse for the wear the next day. It was a fun day celebrating Pioneer Day.

And here are a few more photos of some fun we had with Bridget and her girls, and Kaela and Bennett over the summer.

Playing with the toys they got in their meals from Dairy Keen. (Yum!)

It was so great to see Bridget a few more times before she officially moved to Kentucky. I'm going to miss her a LOT.

Kaela and Bennett came swimming a couple of times. Since I was rather large with child, Kaela did the honors of throwing Owen in the air and motor boating the boys around.

We had some great summer fun with them!

No comments: