Thursday, December 30, 2010

8 months

Here is the latest and greatest of Owen from the past month.

When he gets really tired he rubs his eyes (like all children do I'm sure, but I just love a cute, sleepy, baby boy).


Owen sleeps pretty much exclusively on his tummy. Frequently when I go to check on him at night, he also has his little bum in the air. I love it.
He loves to kick his legs up and then let them fall down hard. He also likes to spaz out and kick like crazy when he is on his tummy. I especially love when he greets me after a nap or when waking up in the morning because he looks up at me, smiles big, and then kicks like crazy. It's adorable.

Sometimes he'll move his hands and wrists like he's revving a motorcycle. It officially happened...Owen found his privates. I don't remember if it was during bath time or when he was getting a diaper change, but now we frequently find him reaching down and tugging. I'm pretty sure at this point he doesn't know what he's pulling on and it's just something he can grab onto. Silly boy.
He likes to turn the pages when we read stories together. When we play peek-a-boo sometimes I will put a blanket or cloth over my face and wait for him to grab it off. He always smiles or laughs when he finds me behind the cloth.

Sometimes he will put something in his mouth, bite it and let it hang there while he reaches for something else. It reminds me of a little puppy dog. He has become a stellar roller and can easily roll to both sides (left and right) from his back or tummy. Which has led to him becoming super twisty-turney when we change his diaper. He constantly wants to flip over and grab and something behind him. It makes it very difficult to change him and I think we both end up frustrated in the end.

Owen is reachy and grabby to the 100th degree. Anything that is within his reach he wants. Recently while I was holding him and doing something in the sink, he reached out and grabbed a cup that was full of water and knocked it over flooding our kitchen. Ok...so flooding is a strong word, but it was a very big full cup.

He had his first cheerios and puffs. He didn't like the texture at first, but got used to it pretty quick. He chases the cheerios around on his tray and sometimes they end up in his lap. He also attempts to feed himself when he gets one in his hand but can't quite figure out how to get it out of his fist into his mouth.


He's gotten up on his hands and knees and will rock back and forth.

He's pretty much just a cool dude and we are loving every minute with him. He is growing and changing everyday right before our eyes. He is such a special blessing in our lives!

5 comments:

Laura said...

He is so adorable! We need to finally get together :)

Kelli said...

I don't know why babies are so much cuter just in their diapers! Felix found his privates for the first time too, but I think it was very coincidental and not a concious act thank goodness. I love hearing what older babies can do so I can get so excited!

Kelli said...

Oh and I think it's so weird that babies with no coordination whatsoever can manage to rub their eyes when they are tired.

Jean said...

Aww, I love that little bum sticking up!! So cute!!

Sharalea said...

oh Kendra!! He is perfectly adorable!! I love him. LOVE HIM! I remember the first time Jackson grabbed something intentionally and ended up knocking it over (like your cup incident) and I thought "Oh no. This is a whole new world of mothering!!" Watch out!! :) lol