Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby's First Christmas

That's right...I am just now doing my Christmas post. I finally figured out how to use Picasa to make collages so it would be easier and more efficient to post a gazillion pictures. So without further ado...here is baby Owen's First Christmas...

All of the pictures together:

Miles, Owen and I went to Arizona for Christmas this year. Much to my parents' chagrin as it was our second year in a row going to AZ. However, all of the family was going to be together this year, so we decided we didn't want to miss out on the fun. At first we didn't think it would be a possibility since Miles had used most of his vacation days for Owen's birth and the Van de Wetering family reunion in the summer. Luckily, however, he was able to get a few extra days so we could work it out to spend a week in AZ.

No good Wright family vacation is without good food. And Christmas was no exception. We ate until we couldn't eat any more. We had sweets galore as well as some amazing meals. As is tradition, we had a big Christmas morning breakfast with Dad Wright's famous buttermilk pancakes, strawberries, whipped cream, bacon, sausage, spam, eggs and orange juice. It was fabulous. Later in the week we enjoyed Dad's amazing Japanese dishes. What can I say...this man knows how to cook! We ate tempura vegetables, yaki soba and steak and vegetable curry. It was to die for!


Of course there was also plenty of family fun which included: witnessing some awesome moves on the Kinect, playing with babies Owen and Jonas, enjoying the new fire pit outside, singing to music played on the ukulele, rocking out on Guitar Hero, playing board games, and celebrating Megan's birthday with a cake made into the shape of a very big cupcake.


Owen got a lot of quality time with his Aunties and Uncles. It was so great for him to spend time with them and I'm sure he loved it as much as they did. I must admit, I was also loving it as well. It was so so nice to have extra hands available to help take care of him. One day Marci watched him so we could go play the Kinect at Natalie's parents' home. And they were always willing to help out as needed or let me get some extra rest. It was amazing.

Christmas morning was a lot of fun for me because of Owen. Although he didn't have much of a concept of what was going on, it was still fun to help him open presents and take part in his first Christmas. He got his very own stocking which Santa generously filled with all kinds of yummy baby foods. He got some books and curtains for his bedroom from Grandma Van de Wetering, an I <3 Hawaii onsie from Auntie Megan, and a toy guitar from Auntie Marci. Miles and I got some wonderful presents from the family as well. And I have to mention that this year, Miles did really well and bought me a Chi. Finally I got a for-me, for-me present rather than a for-me, for-you electronic type of present! ;)

The time together ended with a Wright family photo shoot:

It was a wonderful Christmas and we were so happy to be able to go down to Arizona for the week. It's always so great to spend time with family.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Awww, he's so cute in his little Christmas outfit!! Geez, I want some Japanese food now. YUM!