Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jessica's Wedding

My dear friend, Jessica Salmon, decided to join her life with her long-time beau, David Garbett on January 15, 2011. I cannot tell you how excited I was when she announced their engagement in December. I was even more excited that she decided to go through with an actual wedding rather than run off and elope as she always said she would. It was a simple, small affair with only family and close friends and was held in the Garbett home in SLC. But it was beautiful. I loved every minute of it. The ceremony consisted of remarks from both fathers and David's father married them. After the ceremony they had family and friends perform musical numbers of their choice for the couple. There were about eight different performances including vocal solos, piano solos, guitar numbers and groups. At the end, Jess sang "Giving Up" by Ingrid Michaelson. It was the perfect song for her to sing.

Following the musical numbers, everyone went downstairs to take pictures and congratulate the happy couple. Then we got to enjoy a delicious Indian food for dinner with tasty Mango Lassi. Yum! During dinner, David's brother-in-law started toasts and many people stood and talked about memories they had of David and Jess and the positive attributes in each of them. It was really wonderful to hear so many beautiful words spoken about them. I especially enjoyed getting to know more about David, as I have not had the chance to spend a lot of time with him. I am sure that David will treat Jess like a queen and I am really excited for them as they embark on their life together.

David waiting for Jess to come down the isle:
The happy couples about to be married. (I love this picture):
Jess's brother-in-law, Nathaniel, doing an awesome rendition of Neil Young's, Heart of Gold:

Jess serenading David:
Jess and her family sang a hymn they grew up singing together before bedtime. I loved it, because when I lived with Jess, she would sing it to me too. :)
Haley, Jess, and Me. Friends from grad school through thick and thin:
It was a beautiful wedding and reception. Thank you for letting me be a part of it, Jess!

3 comments:

jessipants said...

awww THANK YOU for posting this and letting me see some of your great pics!! you are such a great photographer. great memories of a great day. i love you!

Doug & Valerie Salmon said...

Kendra
Thank you for posting such a beautiful post. Love your pictures - great photography. It was so great to see you again. Next time we want to see your little fellow. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

So happy for Jess. You guys are blessed with a special friendship that will hold fast no matter the distance or time.