Monday, January 31, 2011

Gratitude

In addition to my earlier post on being sick, I need to follow up with words of gratitude. The one good thing about being sick, is that you appreciate your health so much more once it returns. And I also appreciate my friends and family so much more. While we were down and out, we received an outpouring of love. Friends and family called to check in on us and see how we were doing. Prayers were said on our behalf. Treats were dropped off. Meals were made. Even a stranger did an act of service in giving us a goodie bag full of soup, 7-Up and candy. (We gave our entertainment center away and I mentioned we were sick when she said she was coming to pick it up). And one of the biggest acts of service was the many offers we had from people to watch Owen. I cannot tell you how that was all I really wanted...to pass Owen off and get some much needed rest. But Miles and I were really concerned that Owen might be a "Typhoid" baby so we didn't want to expose or infect anyone else and passed on all offers. However, it was definitely the thought that counted. It was so nice to know that there are so many wonderful people in this world who care about our well-being. I plan on being much more proactive at helping others when they are sick or in need. I know how much I appreciated all of it...down to the simplest of acts...and want to make sure I provide similar acts of service when my friends and family need it. It's nice to know that you are thought about and cared for. Thank you to all of you who were there for us in our time of need. I love and appreciate you more than you'll know!

2 comments:

Adri said...

I'm so glad you're better. And that's really neat about those goodies from that stranger. Paul and I were talking about how we need to be better at serving everyone - not just ward members and friends - but anyone we can think of. I think you have to train yourself to think that way. And please, please, let us watch Owen soon. Seriously? You've been on one date in Utah since he was born? How's this Friday?

Kelli said...

Yay! Come visit me. I was waiting for the health of our kids to align before I visited you. I was right by your house...but thought you wouldn't appreciate bronchitus as a home warming gift. But we're healthy now--come visit us!