Monday, January 10, 2011

Unconditional Love

Owen loves me unconditionally. He doesn't care if I don't do my hair. He doesn't care if my breath stinks in the morning. He doesn't notice if I don't put make-up on. He doesn't mind the extra fat I have on my body. He loves me 100% for who I am...the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know this will change one day and that he will care if I force him to eat his fruits and vegetables, or make him finish his homework, or embarrass him in front of his friends. But for now, I'm his Mama. And he sees me and loves me and wants to be with me.
But something that will never change is that I will always love him unconditionally. No matter what he does or who he becomes, I will love him forever.

12 comments:

Tiff said...

Awwwww.

:,)

Sharalea said...

Beautiful mama! Darling boy! Love this pic. I need more of these with my boys.

And oh yes.
That mother love.
It's unreal, right?

It's like...wait a minute...does MY MOM Love me like THIS!? :)

I was just talking to one of my cousins about this & I think there needs to be a different word for it...it's beyond any other love that I know. Just awesome.

Wendi said...

That is an absolutely beautiful picture of you and Owen. I love it.

Adri said...

So cute! I love that pic. Isn't it cool to finally really understand what that's like? Knowing that there isn't anything in the world that could make you love someone any less. I love that.

magirite said...

Love the picture! Miss you sweeties.
~M~

Olivia said...

What a cute picture! It feels good to know that our little ones love us no matter what.

Kaela Cusack said...

What a sweet post and a GREAT picture :)

deveney said...

cute picture and super cute post! you are an awesome momma and i am sure owen will love you forever! hugs!

Abby Wright said...

So cute!! Noah never hugs like that!

Kelli said...

That's so funny- I was just thinking like yesterday that Felix likes me even if I have stinky morning breath and have my big ugly robe on. That's great. I love his little sweater. Where did you get it?

Holly said...

Love this. It's so true. Something that you can't really understand fully until you're a mom. Love the picture too!

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

YES, 'tis true a momma's love will never change. I will always love you (my baby girl) unconditionally. No matter what you do and I love who you have become. I will love you forever. Momma