Thursday, January 05, 2012

IVF: Suppression Check/US #1

I went in for my first ultrasound (US) and blood draw today. It was just a suppression check to make sure that my uterus lining looked good and that my ovaries were ok and didn't have any cysts. The doctor said everything looked good and we could continue with our schedule as planned. Afterward I spoke with the nurse to go over how to do my stimulation medications. She explained how to combine the three different medications and turn the powdered medication to liquids. The best part about our discussion was that she said I can do the injections subcutaneously in my tummy. This is AWESOME news. The last cycle I did, Miles had to give me the shots with these huge needles that went in my hip as an intramuscular injection. I always iced beforehand and after a few days of that would get quite sore. The stomach injections are super easy and are rarely anything but slightly uncomfortable. Plus, that means I can do them myself so I don't have to worry about Miles being home or available to give me the injections. I was super excited when she told me this today. Yay for a new and improved IVF cycle!

In other news, we got letters from our insurance authorizing the medication and medical procedures. Again...even though I already know it's covered under our insurance, every time I get a reminder of that I feel so blessed and in complete awe.


I go in again on Sunday for a blood draw and Tuesday will be my next ultrasound. I'll post again on Tuesday when I have more exciting details to share other than just my hormone levels.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm happy that things are going so great with this! I'm so excited for you guys :)

Holly said...

Thank you for posting about all of this. Such a crazy, amazing process! Hope everything works out well!!!

jessipants said...

keep me informed dear!