Sunday, January 29, 2012

Undressed

As stated in an earlier post, Owen loves to be naked. This is becoming a problem... Recently, he has learned how to work zippers. I didn't realize just how capable he was becoming until Friday morning when Miles went to get Owen out of bed to find him like this:
(And yes, I do put my son in pink, pig pajamas.)

Kind of funny, and not such a big deal, right? Well, last night before going to bed I went in to check on Owen. I knew he would look nothing like he did when I laid him down since we heard him jibber jabbering away in there for an hour and a half after we put him to bed. But I certainly did not expect this:Owen successfully unzipped and undressed himself from his pajamas. I guess he was so bound and determined to be "nay-nay" (naked), that nothing was going to stop him. He's such a stinker! I guess I should just be glad that his diaper was still on. I was afraid he would get cold in the night, so I redressed a very tired and floppy Owen, only this time in footie pajamas that had a snap over the top of the zipper hoping this would deter him. Well...I guess it didn't work, because Miles said when he went in to get him in the morning, sure enough, he was nay-nay! Let's just hope this fetish goes away before he starts preschool.

6 comments:

Kaela said...

Laughed so hard there are tears in my eyes. Hilarious!

Lindsey said...

Gabe did that all the time too!!

Kelli said...

My brother uses duct tape. Both on the diaper and the pajamas.

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

He IS such a cutie. I think you need to put jammies on under his snuggle bunny zipper thingy. He'll be warmer too.

SALAD said...

Lucas did this ALL the time too when he was Owen's age. Be careful because this habit led Lucas to taking his diaper off too eventually. And it was not uncommon to find poo all over the bed. We made sure to put a onsie on before his nap or bedtime since that was harder to get off, but eventually he figured out how to get the diaper out through the pant leg...smart kid...but it did give us a long break before he figured that out. GOOD LUCK! :)

Misses Barlow said...

Too funny! I want to be just like him! Lol!