Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My funny Valentines

This year, we decided that Miles would be in charge of Valentine's Day and I would cover our anniversary (since they are within the same week). The night before Valentine's Day, Miles came home with some beautiful flowers. I said to him, "You know today's not Valentine's Day, right?" He said, "Yeah. But there was no way I was going to Costco to get flowers on Valentine's Day." Smart man. :)

On V-day, Owen and I just hung out and enjoyed one another's company. He enjoyed a sugar cookie from a friend. Wait...enjoyed? I mean DOWNED. He just gnawed and chomped on that thing until it was gone. I'm not sure he even came up for air.He also ran around like a silly goose with his sunglasses on while holding his Christmas bear from his Great Grandma and Grandpa Wright. I love my funny Valentine. :)
That evening when Miles got home, he grilled up some amazing filet mignon with roasted asparagus, sour dough bread and sparkling cider. Owen had a hot dog. Here is our delicious meal with the flowers Miles bought, the See's chocolates I got, and card Owen and I made for Miles.A family picture. Do you think Owen is expressing his dislike with his meal? In all honesty, he ate it right up and stuck his nose up at the bite of steak I offered him. He'll learn one day.After Owen went to bed, Miles indulged me in watching a chick flick. I chose Water for Elephants. And in all honesty, even after reading the book, I found the movie to be pretty slow and kind of boring. So I appreciate that Miles stuck with it. After it was over he said, "I would have fallen asleep if I wasn't sure you would have killed me." Ha! Not sure I would have gone that far, but I'm glad he stayed awake to snuggle with me. All in all, it was a simple, but lovely Valentine's Day, and I am so lucky to have not just one, but TWO funny Valentine's!

2 comments:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Cute family picture ;~)
You're looking skinny, Suie.
Miles is looking handsome as ever.
And Owen... well he's looked happier.
Love to you all

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.