Friday, February 24, 2012

Tortured love

I watched my friend, Christy's little girl, Mila today for a couple hours. I was going to get Owen dressed before they came so Mila wouldn't think he was a total heathen, but distractions one out and Owen got to be naked...as usual. Owen was totally enthralled with his little girlfriend, Mila. He was so beside himself with excitement, he didn't know what to do with himself. First, he wanted to be right by her and share toys with her and touch her and pat her and point out all her body parts ("eye, no {nose}, ee-ah {ear}, bay-but {belly button}" and so on).
Then, Owen was saying something to me, but I didn't understand what. Then he stepped toward her and I thought he was going to step on her. However, I quickly realized he was just trying to straddle her......because what he was saying was, "Ride, ride, ride!" He wanted to ride Mila.
After Mila obliged him with a "ride," he decided to reward her with a kiss. Mila wasn't so sure at first.
But then she warmed up. (Or at least was distracted enough by the block that Owen could sneak in a kiss).Then Owen stole her bow, put it on his head, and pranced around for a bit.Next, he wanted to sit next to her on the couch and flaunt his fruit snacks in front of her.Shortly after that, Owen started to lose it and got very upset when Mila wanted to play with his ball.A couple more melt-downs from Owen struggling with sharing, and it was nap time for him. Like I said, he really didn't know what to do with himself. Do I love her or hate her?

So Mila and I had a little alone time, and I couldn't resist snapping one more photo of those beautiful, big, blue eyes; precious, pouty lips; and huge, wanna-squeeze-them cheeks.
She is such a doll! And so easy to watch. While Owen was rather bipolar with his emotions, it was probably good practice for both of us for what's to come in about 7 months.

5 comments:

Janie said...

This is so cute! I am so excited for you and you hubby that you are going to have another baby!!! Congrats Kendra. He or she will be a lucky baby to have the chance to have you for a mommy.

Holly said...

So fun! However, both Tucker & Calvin will be competing against Owen to marry Mila, so he better watch out. :)

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Hey, Suie, such a cute post. Who WON out?

I think Owen has bitten off more than he can chew, what with those fruit snacks an all. AND to sneak in that kiss right in front of the camera AND then flaunt the fact that he not only got away with the kiss, but also the bow. I mean....As the grammy, I'm a bit concerned at the impropriety and "advances" Owen is taking with this little Mila. You know, he IS the older man here and she is still so sweet an innocent.

Melissa said...

Cute!

And, I tagged you in my latest blog post!

Kendra said...

Which Melissa is this? I don't think I have access to your blog. :(