Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sneak Thief

We often refer to Owen as our little "sneak thief." He is so sneaky and will find ways to get what he wants - whether through manipulation ("peeeees" {please} while giving you the cutest face; or pointing his way to the "treat cupboard" and saying, "yep!") or by getting it for himself (digging through my purse for treats). Recently, I've caught him red-handed.

The first time was the day I was making a bunch of sugar cookies for a Relief Society activity. He had already eaten probably two or two and half cookies. (Yes, I'm an awesome Mom. Don't judge). I was pretty focused on finishing up as it had taken me all morning to do. Suddenly, I look over and see my naked (no surprise there) baby running around with a cookie that has three bites out of it. What?! Where did he get that from?! (Which is exactly what I asked him). He bolts out of the kitchen, and ducks under the counter ledge.
I love that he was totally crouching down like a little fox nibbling on his prize that he snuck from the farmer's yard. Such a stinker! Oh, and he got the cookie by moving the computer chair to the counter, climbing up and grabbing one from the nearest stack. Smarty pants!

Then, a couple days ago, I was once again busy in the kitchen, (and yes, I do supervise my son...most of the time) and I heard a noise in the front room. I see that Owen has gotten into the tic-tacs from my purse (he's seriously obsessed with them...and anything mint flavored). I took them from him and without any prompting he goes, "AH!" and opens his mouth wide.I think we've got a problem. He has his parents' sweet tooths...sweet teeth?

1 comment:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

how can he get any cuter? Love the tic tac picture. Tell him Grammy will buy him some mints for his birthday.