Friday, March 30, 2012

First at-home haircut

After deciding that Owen's hair was seriously shag-a-licious and in serious need of a haircut, I realized that if I were to actually keep up on keeping it nice regularly, I would be taking him in for a haircut about every 6 weeks. While it doesn't cost much, it also seems like a lot to maintain. So I thought it would be beneficial for me to learn how to do it myself.

I found a pretty good tutorial on pinterest and it gave me the confidence I needed to do the first cut. The problem is, it gave me enough confidence to think I'd be ok at it, but sadly...I was not.

Here are the before and after pictures.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Owen was a champ. He sat and watched TV while eating a sucker and didn't seem to mind at all until I got to the front/top. I think I started blocking his view and he might have been feeling done at that point. Either way, he gets an A in my book for being such a good guinea pig.

One thing I hate about it (besides my terrible hack job) is that he looks so much older now. I am constantly getting comments about how grown up he looks and that he looks like such a little boy. I really did love his long, wispy, hair and might just let it grow out again. Although I know it won't keep him my baby forever. :(

No comments: