Saturday, August 21, 2010

Scalp Treatments

Owen got a case of the craddle crap...er craddle cap. Being a "picker" I was constantly scratching and picking at his flakey little head. Miles hated it and would tell me to stop. But I didn't. I talked to a number of people about how to get rid of it. My friend Bridget told me about these scalp treatments she used to give her daughter, Paige. So I decided to give it a try. I was discouraged for a while cause it didn't seem to be working, but after a few times of giving him his "treatments," he seems to be dandruff free! Here are some step-by-step pictures of his fabulous scalp treatments.


Step one: Rub Owen's scalp in baby oil gel about an hour before bath time and wrap his head up in a towel like a turban.


Step two: During bath time, scratch at his scalp to get as much of it up as I can, then scrub it with a brush before and after shampooing it.

Step three: Towel dry, moisturize and clothe the naked baby!

9 comments:

Jean said...

Aww!! I love turban baby. And I love that we can make our babies look all kinds of wacky and they can't do anything about it. Haha!

Glad that the cradle crap is gone now!! Yay!

Rachael said...

we had to do those scalp treatments too! and it worked. I actually miss picking at her flaky scalp!

Janie said...

I'd like to come over for my scalp treatment! When is a good time? :)

Natasha said...

i love th pictures! he's just so perfectly darling. I'm glad it worked. We just used dandruff shampoo with boston when he got it and that worked well too. we miss you guys.

Lindsey said...

Kendra! Those are such cute pictures. That is one adorable baby you have:) Glad its gone now.

Kaela said...

Owen looks about as cute as can be with his turban!

taryn said...

Who cares if he has a flaky scalp when he looks that adorable?! I love having new blogs to read, thanks for 'stalking' me so now I can 'stalk' you too!

Melanie said...

Kendra-Hey! Found your blog through Janie's. Great to see how good life is going for you...by the way, Owen is SO DANG CUTE! Are you kidding me? Anyway...we have a private blog, but if you send me your email, I'll invite you. Our email is bostwick0106@hotmail.com. :)

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

How cute can a baby possibly be? But it was inevitable with the genes he was outright handed. Don't forget my part... LOL. Love grammy