Monday, August 16, 2010

This Time Last Year...

This time last year Miles was graduating from BYU with his Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, and he was searching for a job. We had also just completed the implantation of our embryos in our IVF cycle and were anxiously waiting to see if the pregnancy had taken.

This year, we are enjoying the fruits of Miles's hard work at his job, as he recently got a well deserved raise. And I am delighting in each precious moment with my three and a half month old son.

It's amazing what can happen in one year. I saw this quote on a friend's page and I thought it was perfect...

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
- Epicurus

I don't think I would have appreciated this quote so much a year ago seeing as how I desperately wanted what I did not have. But I certainly will not spoil what I have now and instead, I stand in awe that we have been so blessed this past year.

4 comments:

Laura Horne said...

That is a good year for you guys! Congratulations on all of it =)

Bradley said...

I love this post...I couldn't agree more. I can't believe it has been a year. It seems like just yesterday you were showing me the picture of your little voltron!

Bradley said...

p.s. that last post we me - Holly

Janie said...

Great Quote and post. Thanks for the reminder.