Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day of Love

To my dear Miles,

Thank you for giving me a weekend of labored love.

On Friday...
Thank you for taking the day off to spend time with me, Owen and our friends.
Thank you for getting up with Owen in the morning so I could get some extra sleep.
Thank you for suggesting that we take the lift up to Sundance and go for a hike because you knew it was something I would enjoy doing, even if it meant doing something you would rather not.
Thank you for holding a fussy Owen on the ride up and back on the lift.
Thank you for carrying Owen in the baby Bijorn in the hot, swealtering sun.
Thank you for being willing to hike until everyone else was worn out and ready to turn back.
Thank you for sitting on a sharp, pointy rock, on a narrow path to feed Owen his bottle.
Thank you for not grubbling or complaining when the day didn't go just as planned.

On Saturday...
Thank you for getting up with Owen so I could get some extra sleep.
Thank you for making me breakfast.
Thank you for taking care of an oddly sleepy, yet sleepLESS baby who kept waking up from his nap so I could take a late morning nap.
Thank you for watching Owen so I could run to the store.
Thank you for texts that made me feel loved and missed while you were at the football game.
Thank you for calling to let me know where you were and when you would be home.
Thank you for appreciating me and the work I did to clean up the house.

On Sunday...
Thank you for waking up to give me a blessing in the wee hours of the morning.
Thank you for helping with Owen after a 2 AM feeding.
Thank you for cleaning up my barf bowl when I was too weak to do it myself.
Thank you for getting up with Owen and feeding him when I was aching with a fever and chills in bed.
Thank you for bringing Owen to me when he was ready to be fed and I was well enough to feed him.
Thank you for watching him ALL DAY while I recovered.
Thank you for buying me ice and ginger ale to help my weak, recovering stomach.
Thank you for pampering me all day.

On Monday...
Thank you for getting up with Owen in the morning so I could get some additional sleep.
Thank you for cleaning the house in the morning.
Thank you for jumping in the back seat with our crying baby and letting me drive the rest of the way home from Lagoon because my tummy was still upset from the flu.
Thank you for using our garden tomatoes to make delicious salsa.
Thank you for using our ripe bananas to make yummy bread.
Thank you for cleaning up the kitchen when you were done with your creations.
Thank you for putting Owen to sleep when he passed out from pure exhaustion.

Thank you so much for being such an amazing husband and father this past weekend...and always.

I love you forever!

Love,
Kendra and Owen

7 comments:

Sharalea said...

beautiful! i love miles, too, for loving YOU so much!!

Janie said...

What a sweet husband and good Daddy!!

taryn said...

Well done Miles!!!

taryn said...

Oh, and I hope you are feeling better!!!

Rachael said...

And HOW! We love you too Miles. I have always been impressed by your great husbandry skills! We had a good time with you. Sorry I gave you the bug that led to Miles' great acts of chilvary!

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

WOW, Kendra, he's a keeper..... MILES, that is.... OF COURSE Owen is a keeper too. Two awesome guys in your life. How did you manage that with such finesse? You're one lucky woman, but they are fortunate to have you TOO. All of this, coming of course from momma. I <3 you all

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

oops the heart didn't materialize. Is that just a FB widget?