Friday, September 10, 2010

The Seventeen Second Miracle

Miles' cousin is a famous author. His name is Jason F. Wright. He is probably most well known for his story, Christmas Jars. However, he has written a number of other great, heart-warming books. His most recent novel is called The Seventeen Second Miracle. It is due to come out on my birthday, September 28th. However, Jason, being the awesome guy he is, sent us an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of the book a couple weeks ago. I thought I would give a shout out and encourage everyone to buy/read the book.


First of all, the coolest thing about the book is that there are two characters named Miles and Kendra. How awesome is that? Not to mention they're sweethearts in the book too. :) Besides feeling pride in the fact that I got named in a novel, I really, truly did enjoy the story. It is a quick read and keeps you going at a fast pace with short chapters. But what I liked best was the fact that it is a story (like many of Jason's are) that encourages you to take action in your own life through the virtues it teaches. It makes it feel doable to participate in simple, kind acts (or seventeen second miracles) that brighten the lives of others as well as your own. So go out and buy it for yourself, your Mom, your Dad, your sister, your friend, or your coworker. It's a story everyone can enjoy!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

that is so cool! You are pretty much famous now:)

noelle said...

No way. That is so cool. I heard recently of a famous author who was auctioning off a character in his book for charity (you got to name the character and decide what kind of character you wanted him/her to be) and it was going for over $100,000 or something crazy like that. You got it for free!!!

Jean said...

Okay, that's awesome. I must read it. And you're TOTALLY FAMOUS!!!!

Rachael said...

I didn't know he was your cousin. The Wednesday LEtters is one of the many books I read while nursing Anna. I enjoyed it. Well, I will definitely read this one!

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

WOW, what a compliment to you two. I can hardly wait to read the book. Do I buy it, or do I get it from you for a Christmas present, 4 months later. HA HA.