Saturday, December 03, 2011

GO! Nakey Snake and Nursery

Owen loves riding toys - bikes, trains, cars, etc. Pretty much anything with wheels that allows him to scoot around. He is rather obsessed with them, and lately I have found him attempting to "ride" anything he can straddle. Case in point:

Once in position, he yells out "GO!"
The latest is this small box we had laying around (from when we thought we were moving). It's low enough to the ground that he can actually scoot himself around on it. It's so funny to see him pushing himself with his feet and hear a scraping noise all along the way. Luckily for Owen, when we go to CA for Christmas, he'll be inheriting TWO riding toys!

I suppose here would be a good time to mention that Owen *loves* to be naked (as pictured above). Whenever I change his diaper in the morning, he starts tugging at his pajamas and says, "Nay-nay! Nay-nay!" This is his request to be a "nakey snake" as I like to call him when he runs around in his diaper. It's super cute, but sometimes frustrating when I'm in a hurry to get him dressed and he runs off or starts fighting it big time when I try to get him dressed. I also worry now that it's winter that he'll get super cold. So I guess now I have a good excuse for keeping the heat at 72 during the day. :) Either way, he's pretty darn cute, running around like a nakey snake.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that Owen is now attending nursery! YAY! I am so happy about this. It makes me, Dada, and Owen all so much happier during church. We get to listen and enjoy our lessons, and Owen gets to play and interact with other kids. The first time I took Owen to nursery, I stayed in with him. Although, he seemed fine and I doubt he would have cared if I had left. But it was nice for me to see how things go during those two hours.

He has only been a few other times since then, and has been so good! I can get him interested in a toy and leave without any tears or fuss. And whenever I return, they tell me that he was great. Last week I asked how he was and they said, "He's so good. He just goes with the flow. If someone takes his toy, he doesn't cry. All our regulars are crying and he stands there like, 'What's the deal?'" I love it. Owen really is a good boy and I'm so proud of him. :)

3 comments:

taryn said...

Could you have Owen come and teach Olivia how to go to nursery, without having a parent stay?! She is over 2 and still cries when we leave, and rarely makes it all the way through. Way to go Owen!

Kelli said...

He should be naked all the time. Kids are way cuter that way :)

Unknown said...

Oh my he is such a cute little boy! I love how he likes to be "nay nay". So sweet.