Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Talk Like a Pirate!

Today was "Talk Like a Pirate" day. Krispy Kreme was doing a deal where if you came in and said something "piratey" they would give you a free glazed donut. But if you came in dressed in pirate attire (beyond just an eye patch) you would get a free dozen glazed donuts. I thought dressing Owen up would be easier than myself, but I didn't know what to use as an outfit. Then I got a call from my friend, Carly. She said she had a pirate outfit that would fit him and I could borrow it. She was just leaving the store with her donuts and had already loaned the costume to another friend. Sweet! So Grandma and I headed over with Owen. He looked so cute I had to take some pictures.

He was saying "Arrrrr matey!" in this one:

He was very uncooperative in taking pictures...as usual.



Here we are enjoying our "treasure."

Giving Grandma some sugary kisses:

Owen was so funny about the donut. At first he just kept trying to eat the sugary glaze off of it. Then when he was "done" he tried to put it back and grab another. I was able to coax him into eating all of it and not just biting/sucking the glaze off. 
I think he enjoyed it. :)

1 comment:

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

YUM!! wish this sgrammy had been there too. However, Crispy Creme's are only good when they are immediately fresh. So guess I won't even ask you to save me one. But of course they're probably all gone by now anyway. YUM!