Saturday, September 29, 2012

32

And once again, I am a year older. I had a great birthday this year. It started out with breakfast with my favorite little guy. I made us green smoothies and apple streusel muffins. 


Owen and I spent the day together. How could I not enjoy my day with this face???

During the day I had visits from three different friends who brought me gifts and cards to wish me a happy birthday. I felt very loved. Miles came home a bit early from work and his parents came over to bring by some gifts before heading off to a BYU football game.


Owen helped me to open all of my presents. This is me not knowing what to think about the fact that Miles got me a gift certificate to go paragliding. (Something I had mentioned I wanted to do. But actually doing is different that thinking of doing.)



Two very happy faces for Miles buying me the watch I had been eyeing in Park City on our babymoon last month.

After presents, we went to dinner. We took Owen with us and met up with Jess and Emi at India Palace (my choice of restaurant for my last birthday as well!) Sadly, I didn't get a picture of us at dinner. After a delicious Indian cuisine, we took Owen home to a babysitter and Miles and I headed out to meet our friends Jeremy and Amanda at Color Me Mine.

We chose our pieces and got to work. I decided to make a large piggy bank for Owen. Miles made a cute little dragon for his desk at work. Jeremy made a superhero, and Amanda made a mug.






Amanda and I are due just one day apart from each other, and are both having girls.


It took quite a while longer to paint them than I thought it would. Our poor babysitter fell asleep waiting for us. But I had a great time and a lot of fun. This has been a wonderful year and I am so excited to see what the next year holds for me!

And now that it's been so long since I originally started this post, I can show pictures of our finished products:

The pottery:



And the babies (Elsie and Charlotte born 8 days apart):


No comments: