Thursday, February 07, 2013

Rockabye Baby

Today when I went to put Owen down for his nap, he asked if he could sit on the rocking chair and if I could move the fan. I told him the fan (which we use for white noise) had to stay there but he could sit next to it. He sat down and started rocking. Then he sang, "Rockabye Baby." Then he looked at the fan and said, "The fan needs to go to sleep in his crib," and turned it face down. He rocked it again and then picked it up and said, "Did you have a good sleep?" He hugged the fan and said, "Yeah...you had a good sleep." Then he rocked the fan again and sang "Rockabye Baby."


I was cracking up watching him go through this little routine with the fan. I love how he gives life to inanimate objects. And it's always amusing to see what I say to him come back out of his mouth when he's pretending.

No comments: