Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Something Scary

The other day, Owen and I were laying down on the love sac playing together. Because I'm so fascinated with his increasing ability to play make-believe, I thought I'd record our little adventure/conversation.

Owen: Let's lay down and go to sleep. Mommy! There's something scary over there. It's a monster! It's a lizard! Ahhhh!
Kendra: Let's get sticks
O: Ok, there are some over there. I'll go pick them up.
We shake our pretend sticks at the lizard.
K: Go away lizard!
O: He went away!
He waits a second while we pretend to sleep.
O: Mommy! There's something scary over there....
K: What is it?
O: A mommy lizard!
K: What can we do?
O: Let's get more sticks!

And so it continued through a number of "something scaries." After telling me it was a bear, I said, "Bears are very scary." Owen replied with, "Yeah, they're dangerous and fragile. Let's hide!"

O: A giraffe. See it's shadow?
O: A lion.
O: A tiger.
K: Is it Daniel Tiger?
O: Nooooo.
O: A rhinoceros.
O: A dinosaur.
O: A t-rex!

It was fun to get lost in his world of make-believe. I'm excited to have more adventures with my little guy.

No comments: