Sunday, February 03, 2013

It's Genetic

I thought it was about time to do a side-by-side comparison of Owen and Elsie to see how similar they look. (It's pretty obvious who is who due to clothing/colors.)

Newborn/hospital (Owen is on top):

Sleeping baby:

Bath time:

Spit-up:
(Owen won on the amount in this side-by-side comparison, however, Elsie wins for overall lifetime quantity of spit-up.)

Hand-sucking scowls:

What do you think? I see a lot of similarities, but to me there are definitely some differences. The biggest being their personalities. When I had Owen, I didn't realize that personalities were apparent from such a young age, however, I can now see they are. Elsie is the happiest, smiliest baby, EVER. It doesn't take much to get a smile out of her. I thought maybe I was just forgetting and that Owen really was smiley too. But when I looked back through pictures, I was hard-pressed to find many big smiles out of him. And I do recall that most often, he would give serious stares. It's bizzarre to me though since he is such a goofy child. Who knows?

Either way...I think they're both adorable. And I'm pretty sure that's genetic. Hee hee. ;)

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

Genetics are fascinating, aren't they!

Your two babies are just adorable. I don't know how you get anything done...I'd just want to snuggle every single second! Love the difference in personality note...also very fascinating to watch them start so early at being WHO THEY ARE.

Love.

Rachael said...

They are obviously siblings! I think they could be twins in some of those pictures. And as far as I know, every second child I have EVER heard of has been a dream child. What is it about the second child...I think it is because we are stressing far less, but I also think they are like that from infancy-- a blessing that allows us to deal with having two kids a lot better.