Thursday, October 07, 2010

My Favorite Time

I've recently decided that I have a favorite time of the day. Or maybe it's just my favorite time with Owen during the day. Although I'm not sure that's true either. Whatever the case is, I have come to love bedtime with Owen. I think that part of it is that I selfishly look forward to the little bit of time I get either to myself or with Miles before I head to bed. But really, I think I've fallen in love with our bedtime routine.

I love that sometimes he gets so tired that he falls asleep while eating and has to be coaxed to finish eating.

I love when he purses his cute, little lips when I try to put the bottle to his mouth as if to say, "Mom, I'm full," or, "I'm too tired to eat."

I love reading our favorite bedtime story, "Night-Night, Little Pookie" by Sandra Boynton and getting to kiss his ears, nose and eyes at the end of the book.

I
love how he looks up at me with big, beautiful eyes while I sing to him.

And I love how he *usually* lays quietly in bed and goes right to sleep. There's just something special and precious about a sleeping baby.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

He is soooooo adorable, Kendra! And I admittedly look forward to bedtime and my few hours of no kid time. And cuddling with julie while I put her down. I love seeing pictures of Owen and we totally have to get together when we go to utah in nov!

Jean said...

I know!! Is there anything more glorious than an adorable sleeping baby?? Owen is so cute!!!

Rachael said...

yeah, I know what you mean, both the selfish part, and the "i'm in love with my kid" part.
he is rather irresistable.

Ashley Preston said...

Sleepy time is precious for so many reasons! That Owen. . . he's a keeper! What a cutie.

Jan and Carol Van de Wetering Family said...

Kimmie was just telling me that the other night Austin wanted to sleep with her, but he was denied because of misbehavior prior to bedtime. She was lamenting that it was she who was punished because she LOVES to have him sleep with her as much as he loves it.

Even when they get bigger, it's nice to have them near you in bed. I remember when Kyle would come home from a date and flop down on our bed and tell us about his date. Sweet memories/