Saturday, October 02, 2010

To Swaddle or Not to Swaddle...

We've been trying to figure out how to get Owen to sleep extended hours through the night on a more consistent basis. Lately I've been wondering if maybe he doesn't want to be swaddled anymore. These are some of the indicators I've had...

This one is kind of blurry, but you get the idea.

So one night I decided to just lay him down without being swaddled and see how it would go. This is the series of positions I discovered him in each time I went into his room:

We're still undecided.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Haha! I had to slowly downgrade from the swaddle to normal sleep. I don't remember all the steps; I'm more concerned with telling you that you have one of the CUTEST BABIES in the entire world. And I'm not his parent, so I'm not biased or anything. He's just REALLY, REALLY cute!!!

Tanyon & Callaghan said...

We stopped swaddling Tanyon at around 4 months. He was just over it wanted more freedom to move during the night.

Paula

Abby Wright said...

We were anti swaddle from the beginning. Noah does rool all over but sleeps right through it.