Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sweet Tooth

I have a serious sweet tooth. No really. It's a problem. Last month I decided I would go off all sweets until my birthday. It wasn't too bad. I had lots of strong urges to cave in to my cravings, but I was able to hold off for a whole month. Then, once my birthday hit, it was all fair game. So I indulged. And indulged. And indulged some more. Ok...it wasn't that bad. But still, I definitely found no desire to restrain myself after a month "without." I wondered if it did me any good to go off of sweets for a month. It wasn't until I started eating them again that I have since decided that it did make a difference. I feel worse (kind of blah-like) and I think I'm gaining weight being back on sweets. So I've decided I apparently need another hiatus from the sweet tooth. Miles has agreed to participate this month, and we have also added no eating out to our list of things from which we are abstaining. We are going to break our fast with a FEAST of Thanksgiving goodness. So here's to getting in control of this serious, sweet, addiction...let the fast begin!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I love the picture of Owen in the pumpkin. I wish Felix had enough neck strength for that. And if i wasn't so lazy... :) I'm so with you on the sweets. Ever since the diabetes ban was lifted (TWO MONTHS AGO) I have been going crazy. It didn't help that there were hardly any trick-r-treaters when we prepared for hundreds...AND bought Zingers at the store. I need some motivation. Where'd you get yours?

Rachael said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
not again. Don't you realize that God created sugar FOR US! What a shame to deny such a gift!

Kendra said...

Kelli, I think my motivation came from not wanting to feel like a blob anymore. Plus, it helped that Miles said he's be willing to participate. Also, eating junk is always worse during the holidays so I figured I should get a handle on it before that.
Rachael, I know...it's true. But God also said to eat all things in moderation and sadly, I have no self-control. :(

Melanie said...

OK, you've inspired me, too! I did "no sugar on weekdays" for several months, but got sick a few weeks ago and totally started indulging again. Time for me to get back on the wagon. And really, it's only the first week or two that are tough, right?

Abby Wright said...

I love junk AND chocolate!