Monday, December 31, 2012

3 mo

Elsie is already 3 months old! A quarter of this year has quickly swept by. Sheesh.

Currently, she is sleeping anywhere from 5-9 hours. Yeah...it's pretty variable and I never know what to expect. We had a couple bad nights of her waking every 3 or 4 hours. I think she might have been going through a growth spurt. During the day she's also variable with sleep and will sometimes take 15 min naps up to 2 hour naps. She's in a pretty good flow of eat, play, sleep, but will sometimes inevitably fall asleep when she's eating.

She's still a marathon eater and will eat about 45 min - an hour. She also eats about every 2-3 hours. So I usually only get an hour or so break before we are at it again. Oh, and she poops All.The.Time. I can't remember how Owen was in that regard, but I swear she goes through 15 diapers a day.

We were able to get approved for the dissolvable tablets for her reflux. It's much nicer to give her that rather than do the capsules trying to get all the beads in her mouth and feed her formula to swallow them down. She still gags some, but if I stick it in the side of her mouth she does much better. The medication seems to be working well. She sleeps good and her spit up is far less than when she is off her medication. I know because there have been a couple days when I forgot to give it to her and her spit up and discomfort is noticeably worse.

Over Christmas she had a few crying (screaming) episodes that would happen in the evening for no more than about 10 min. She was completely inconsolable and didn't want to eat either. They usually came out of the blue when moments before she had been happy in someone's arms. I don't know what caused them. I wondered if it was either the chocolate and/or spicy food I ate. So I went off chocolate and I'll have to try eating it again to see if it causes any problems.


However, since then she is a much happier and docile baby. She's so sweet and is quick to give a smile or coo when someone shows interest in her.


She seems to like sleeping flat now too. (Also a sign the medication is working.) I think maybe she was waking up from squirming partially off her bouncy chair at night. So I started laying her flat on the bed (Miles slept on an air mattress in AZ for a bit so we could have more space to sleep, but mostly so he could sleep without being disturbed) and she does great. I'm really glad because I was worried she might get used to sleeping at an incline and with the chair's vibrations.

She loves to suck on her fists and fingers. She has even fallen asleep while sucking on them. I think it's so cute. Of course, if it turns to thumb sucking - that only stays cute for so long.

The many faces of Elsie.

I loved this little series of silly faces she was giving me.

Have I mentioned it's so much fun dressing a girl?!

Our little "scar-face." I can't remember now how she got this. It was almost equal parts cute and sad to see it on her face every day.

I can't stand how cute and sweet and precious she is when she is asleep. I love the faces she makes, and her soft lips. The one in the middle is her doing a sleepy-startle when I laid her down for a nap. There's nothing quite like a sleeping baby...


Sweet babe on Christmas morn.

I think Elsie's skin must be much more sensitive than Owen's. She has had some pretty awful diaper rash, especially this past month. I've tried everything and it has taken forever for it to go away. I can't even remember Owen getting diaper rash. Maybe once...maybe. I guess it goes along with being a girl...sometimes being beautiful is painful. :(

I'm pretty sure this little pumpkin is going to get away with almost anything she wants.... We're doomed.

No comments: